Plant protection drone is divided into electric and hydraulic based on power. So, whether to buy electric or hydraulic? Today it will introduce the differences between hydraulic and electric implantation UAV.
(1) Strong stability and simple maintenance: The system is with good stability and simple daily maintenance which is easy to control and low requirements for pilots.
(2) Good adaptability: quick spread and convenient.
(3) Excellent high-altitude performance: electric plant protection drone is tested to work normally at the altitude of 4500 meters.
Limited by lithium battery, load and endurance is lower. Thus plenty of lithium batteries and even generators are needed for the fly out.
(1) High battery costs: The battery cost applied in electric implantation UAV so far is 219$-584$.
(2) Short endurance: poor endurance due to available battery technology.
(3) Low load: The maximum load is generally 10-30L.
Advantages of hydraulic plant protection UAV:
(1) Long endurance: driven by oil, endurance is 2-3 times longer than that of electric UAV.
(2) Large load: The effective load of few present multi-wing UAV driven by oil varies from 30 to 80L.
(3) Stronger downward wind: rotors of hydraulic implantation UAV demand greater lift force to run because of large load and dead load. The stronger downward wind, the higher penetration rate of spraying pesticide.
(1) Difficult operation and complex maintenance: demanding skills of manipulators. The comparatively internal structure of the oil engine has high demand on repair and maintenance.
(2) Heat dissipation: the engine can't satisfy heat dissipation relying on air cooling since implantation is low speed. It's obviously uncomfortable for hydraulic implantation drone in hot and humid environment.
(3) Difficult to work at high altitude: engine will not work without oxygen. It's uncertain for hydraulic implantation UAV of stable and long running at oxygen-deprived altitudes.
(4) Loud noise and environmental damage: waste oil of imperfect combustion will spray on crops for fuels are the mixture of gasoline and oil, harming the crops.
(5) Expensive: High-power UAV typically costs 43857$~292380$.
In conclusion, electric implantation UAV is more appropriate to present plant protection but hydraulic UAV still needs more improvement due to the limited technology.