With the agricultural drones are being used widely, safety operation standards are also pressingly required to be executed. The following are some tips on the safety regulations of agricultural drone operations:
1. The battery’s charging, discharging and storage should be executed according to the relevant standards of the battery.
2. The operation site must be cleaned up before the fertilizer spraying drone is ready to operate. Irrelevant personnel must be retreated to a safe area to avoid injuring in case of an explosion. At the operation site, it is strictly forbidden for two groups to operate the flight at the same time.
3. When taking off and landing, the drone should keep more than 5 meters away from obstacles. The parallel flight should keep more than 10 meters away from obstacles and reduce the speed accordingly.
4. The operator should wear facemasks, safety helmets, anti-glare glasses, reflective uniform and no slippers should be allowed, and operate in the place of upwind and back of the sunlight; the operator should keep a safe distance of more than 5 meters from the drone; During the operation process, the operator should switch off any other electromagnetic interference equipment related to the operation.
5. When the operator uses the walkie-talkie, the conversation must be concise and clear and repeated more than twice.
6. When operating and maintaining at close range on the ground, the power supply must be cut off to avoid accidental startup and prevent accidental occurrence.
7. In the operation block and the surrounding areas, the taking-off and landing site and flight route of the drone should be planned ahead. It is forbidden to fly in the no-fly zone regulated by the country.
8. The operator must get a training certificate from the relevant organization.
9. The operator is not allowed to operate after drinking, insufficient sleep, or sickness. Pregnant women, people under the age of 18, and people with no qualification certificate are not allowed to operate; the operator can’t wear loose clothes that parts can be easily sucked into.
10. According to crops, insects or pest diseases conditions and pesticide user guidance and consulting the local agricultural plant protection department to confirm pesticide, chemist, and prescriptions standards. And according to crop requirements, choose highly efficient and low in toxic pesticides that meet relevant standards and regulations that are suitable for the requirements of the agricultural plant protection drones.
11. The drone operator must carry out routine inspections each time for each part of the agricultural drones for sale before starting the drone, operation will only be allowed after the inspection is completed and confirmed.
12. Under conditions such as a thunderstorm, the wind above level 3, or outdoor temperature exceeds 30℃, operation is forbidden.
13. Set the flying height, speed, spraying rate, flow rate, and other relevant parameters for the agricultural drone according to the operating area’s geographical conditions.
14. Professionals should be well prepared for tasks in drone transition, battery replacement, pesticide dispensing, and dosing. After the task is completed, well prepared for sorting and classification jobs of the drone, walkie-talkie, remote control, charger, battery, and other relevant accessories.